- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp mint extract
- green gel food coloring
- 2 cups mini chocolate chips, divided
- animal crackers, graham crackers, chocolate or vanilla wafers to serve with
- Cream cream cheese and butter together.
- Gradually beat in powdered sugar.
- Beat in extract and food coloring until desired color is reached.
- Stir in one cup of mini chocolate chips.
- Transfer to a bowl and refrigerate for at least one hour.
- Sprinkle 1/2 cup of mini chocolate chips on top of a piece of plastic wrap.
- Scoop out cream cheese mixture and place on top of chocolate chips. Sprinkle top of cream cheese with more chocolate chips.
- Wrap cheese ball with plastic wrap and place in a clean bowl. Press into bowl to form the cheese ball.
- Invert onto a serving board or cake stand. Sprinkle with more chocolate chips if needed.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve.