With the flavors of a traditional marinara, this sauce is creamy like an alfredo and is the definition of comfort food and cooks up so quickly.
- 4 1/2 Tsp Starch (Tapioca, Arrowroot or Potato Starch)
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder or more to taste
- 1 tsp Onion Powder or more to taste
- 5 Yellow Squash (Spiralized
- 1 Cup Heavy Cream or Heavy Coconut Cream from a Can
- 1 Cup Pizza Sauce or Marinara Sauce.
- 2 TBSP Butter (Dairy or Nondairy)
Use a saucepan to combine the cream, pizza sauce, butter, starch, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder; heat until thickened, whisking the whole time; set aside. This sauce will be thick at first but when the squash noodles are added it will thin out.
Make the Squash into noodles using a spiralizer and add in the Squash noodles into the sauce. Lightly boil noodles in sauce until cooked through and after noodles have been added, make sure to taste and re-adjust seasonings. This also tastes great with a little parmesan sprinkled on top.